BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Birthday

Birthday ; not mine but my blog.  Have been wanting to start for a very long  time but never got the time to sit and write something, anything. 

Thanks to the long weekend, decided to steal some time to do it. 


I am wondering if bad experiences give birth to meaningful ramblings or is it due to absolute bliss

What about something in-between; frustration mingled with the awareness that not everything is hopeless?

 Remembered some people this morning; those that i have no feelings for; those who have hurt my children;  Those who found joy in the sufferings and helplessness of others - the same people who act as god-fearing, religious, generous and kind...i have met too many like these; too many that i think the world is made up of them mostly, and some unfortunate ones like ME.

Do i sound unhappy??
 No am not. Life with people like these around is so colourful, challenging and most of all amusing.  Amusing because i have acquired the ability to see through and identify them.   Sometimes it's fun playing along with them and allowing them the thrill of believing that they are in control, i allow them to step on my toes and I have the last laugh.   
The key phrase is 'allow them to...'


No one can hurt me unless I allow them to.  It's pointless blaming them when it has all been said and done.  Why didnt I think of the possibilites of being hurt before it happens?  Is anyone or everyone obliged to preserve my feelings?  Why should anyone and everyone preserve my feelings? 
 The answers to these questions enable me to mingle and make friends without having
 expectations, expectations that someone would give me a hand in times of trouble, someone would be concerned enough to choose subtle words so as to not hurt my feelings...


0 comments: